Does your face show these signs of aging?
- Skin color has become grayer because of less blood flow.
- Fine vertical lines around the mouth.
- Scars from acne, trauma, or chicken pox.
- Skin texture has become less smooth.
If so, your skin likely looks worn, tired or droopy. The lively, rosy hue seen in playing children of every skin color and in young adults fades to a dull gray.
Rest assured, all hope is not lost! Bala Wellness & Aesthetics can restore the youthful glow and gorgeous skin tone that puts a smile on your face every time you look in the mirror.*
Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
Collagen induction therapy (CIT) is a minimally invasive skin-rejuvenation treatment to counteract fine lines and wrinkles. (It is also sometimes referred to as “micro-needling,” “percutaneous collagen induction therapy” or “dermal rolling.”)
The tool used, a micro-needler that is rolled gently atop the skin, is highly versatile. It can be adjusted to a variety of depths depending on your skin type and the kind of treatment you desire. The pressure and movement of the micro-needler stimulate the body’s natural ability to produce new collagen (which is responsible for skin support) and elastin (which controls your skin’s elasticity, or ability to “snap back” and not sag). Among its advantages is its ability to deliver results without the use of lasers or other, more invasive measures.
With collagen induction therapy, you’ll experience a reduction in wrinkles, stretch marks and scarring, and notice improvement in your skin’s firmness and overall quality and appearance.* CIT can be combined with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in a potent treatment called the “vampire facial.”
With many ways to rejuvenate the face, why look for a better way? You may have tried some of the following strategies:
- Skin creams and facial peels by a skilled aesthetician can be very helpful but sometimes are just not strong enough to rejuvenate the tissue adequately.
- Retin A® and other prescription medications (like hydroquinone) also improve texture and should be carefully prescribed in a way that gives benefit without adverse effects. Still, the results can be slow and less than what’s needed.
- Cosmetic surgery can remove excess skin and make the person appear younger. But, a surgical facelift can be more than what’s needed for some people, especially when lots of extra skin is not the main problem.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers lift the skin away from the bone to restore youthful volume and shape. HA fillers alone do not correct texture and color. In addition, HA fillers in the tear troughs (area under the eyes) often end up looking bumpy, overfilled and unnatural.
The Vampire Facial offers an innovative combination that’s become a sensation worldwide. Here is how it is done…
Three Steps of the Vampire Facial Procedure
1. Isolating the magic from your blood.
First, one of our doctors draws about 2 teaspoons of blood. Using a centrifuge, she isolates platelets from that blood (platelet rich plasma, or PRP), all within about 15 minutes in the office.
The platelets are then “activated” to release at least eight growth factors that would normally be used to heal injured tissue. These growth factors work like magic to cause increased collagen and new blood flow. To rejuvenate new skin, these growth factors must be put back into your face.
After numbing cream is applied, your face is treated with the Collagen P.I.N./micro-needling device. By gently creating micro channels in your skin, the micro-needling device stimulates the creation of new skin cells, collagen formulation and regeneration of damaged cells.
3. Coating and soaking your face with blood-derived growth factors.
Your own PRP is then massaged into the skin. These growth factors then activate multi-potent stem cells already in the skin, tricking them into “thinking” there’s been an injury and new, younger tissue is generated.